Pages

Friday 5 June 2015

Battambang Bat Cave

We took a Tuk-Tuk to the bat cave near Phnom Sampov.

The cave is about a hundred metres or so up the rock face. Every evening at around  5:30 the bats exit the cave for their night journey.

We could see already thousands of them clustering at the entrance of the cave, getting ready for their dinner flight.




The bats where a bit late so I took the opportunity to climb up to some Buddha rock near the cave.

Just when I arrived I could see a steady stream of bats exiting the cave.

Thousands, tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands. Some say millions. Who knows?





From my position I could see the bats splitting up into various swarms and cruising along into the sky.

What an amazing sight!


When we left the place after almost an hour, there were still bats streaming out of the cave.







No comments:

Post a Comment